All About Car Accident Injuries
Auto accidents are a leading cause of injury and death for both adults and children nationwide.
Injuries occur in every kind of situation — at high speeds, in stop-and-go traffic, even parking lots. Many injuries can take weeks or months to appear, which is why working alongside a dedicated and experienced attorney with decades of litigating auto accidents can make all the difference in the recovery.
The most disconcerting and painful fact? Most car accidents are 100 percent preventable.
- Panic. Accidents are traumatic. Take a breath, and get yourself together. You can do this.
- Talk Too Freely. Be discreet. You can harm your case just by saying “I’m fine.”
- Talk To Your Neighbors. Insurance investigators will note any discrepancies.
- Leave The Scene. Stick around to talk with police and gather information.
- Collect Evidence. Photos of the scene, and of you and your injuries, will be valuable later.
- Collect Information. From the other driver and from eye-witnesses.
- Call Your Insurance Agent. This may be even more important than seeing a doctor.
- Get Help. Hire an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Maximum Compensation For These And Other Injuries
- Amputation injuries: When a part of the body, such as a limb or digit, is lost during the accident itself or as a necessary surgical operation as a result of the injury.
- Head and brain injuries: Sudden and severe impact to the skull resulting in concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are some of the most common injuries to the head, along with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Back and spinal cord injuries: These injuries can include compression fractures of the spine, fractured vertebra, paraplegia, quadriplegia, neck injuries, cervical or lumbar herniations, disc injuries, nerve injuries or damage, nerve compression injuries, whiplash and more.
- Burn injuries: Fires and vehicle explosions during and after a crash can easily result in severe, life-altering burns on a section or all over the body.
- Broken bones: Fractured and broken bones, simple, complex, comminuted or avulsion fractures, including broken arms or hands, legs, ankles or feet, ribs, collar bones, are a common result of car crashes and other accidents.
- Dog bite injuries: A vicious dog bite can not only cause physical harm, lacerations and other external injuries but also lifelong scars and potential emotional trauma.
- Soft tissue injuries: These injuries often involve serious damage to the internal organs and structures of the body.
- Abrasions and lacerations: These include air bag abrasions, serious lacerations from flying windshield glass, road rash from motorcycle and bicycle accidents, and more.
If you were injured, or someone you love was killed because of another driver’s negligence, you have the right to seek compensation. Choose an attorney who is experienced, aggressive and dedicated to working hard to get fair compensation for your injuries. Choose Attorney Scott J. Corwin of Los Angeles.
What causes most car accidents?
The most common factors in auto accidents relate to attention. They happen because:
- Drivers are exceeding the speed limit.
- Their attention is on something besides driving: using their cell phone, arguing with a passenger, looking for an address, eating a sandwich, changing stations.
- They don’t obey stop signs or red lights.
- They are driving under the influence, and your safety is not their concern.
Sometimes the party at fault isn’t another driver. It can be the city or municipality that failed to keep the road safe. Or it can be the manufacturer of a part that fails at a crucial moment.
Auto and Car Accidents By The Numbers
The numbers are staggering. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimated that in 2017 there were over 6,452,000 police-reported accidents in the United States.
In the most recently vetted and published 2017 data, 92% of all crashes were in passenger vehicles. There were 23,551 fatalities from passenger vehicle accidents. The total number of reported injuries from passenger vehicle accidents was 1.89 million.
Recent Car Accident Settlements
$1,250,000 – Shoulder and ankle injuries
$1,000,000 – Neck and back surgeries
$1,000,000 – Eye and facial injuries
Questions About Fees and Insurance
Q. What will hiring a lawyer cost me?
A. Nothing, until we come through for you. We are only paid when there is a settlement or verdict in your favor. We are paid by the insurance company — you never write a check. Our firm offers no-charge, no-obligation case evaluation. MORE
Q. Will my insurance hold the negligent driver accountable?
A. It usually does. there are special situations — hit and runs, phantom accidents, and accidents where the party at fault has no insurance or not enough insurance — where the claim is filed against your own policy. MORE
Q. Isn't having insurance enough?
A. Insurance should cover you for all injuries, but it often comes up short. The last thing insurance companies want is to pay you the full amount you need and deserve. That's why you need an experienced advocate on your side.
What Our Clients Tell Us
– Alyssa M. "After being involved in a hit and run, I was referred to Scott. I was almost terrified going to an attorney because I heard so many bad stories or cases that take years to settle. Not only was the case settle within the time frame he gave me, I also received a great settlement."
– Lisa T. "I was in a car accident on Valentine's day and ended going to the hospital. Scott Corwin was the first name that popped up and I read his profile. I noticed all the charitable work that he has done and is doing and it seemed right to call him.
– Christopher P. "I was recently involved in a four car automobile accident and Attorney, Scott J. Corwin provided excellent representation. Through his hard work, I was able to receive a fair settlement for my injuries from the insurance company."
– Andre B.
Personal Attention and One-on-One Representation
Count on Scott J. Corwin to give you the personal attention you need and deserve. Your case will never be passed off to a lesser-qualified associate. Our founding attorney will listen to your story, explain your legal options and then fight on your behalf to obtain the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Consult Our Los Angeles Area Car Accident Lawyer Today
Mr. Corwin is one of fewer than 700 attorneys nationwide who are members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. With more than 25 years of experience, Scott J. Corwin has successfully represented more than 3,000 injury victims and obtained recoveries totaling over $125 million. Call 800-946-9440 now for a FREE CONSULTATION.
Accidents Occur on Our Freeways, at Intersections and on City Streets
Injuries occur in every kind of situation — at high speeds, in stop-and-go traffic, even parking lots. Many injuries can take weeks or months to appear, which is why working alongside a dedicated and experienced attorney with decades of litigating auto accidents can make all the difference in the recovery. The painful truth is that most car accidents are entirely preventable.
- Rear-end collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Accidents caused by a drunk driver
- Accidents caused by an underinsured or uninsured driver
Mr. Corwin is one of fewer than 700 attorneys nationwide who are members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. With more than 25 years of experience, Scott J. Corwin has successfully represented more than 3,000 injury victims and obtained recoveries totaling over $125 million.