Riverside Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a semi accident, it is important to choose a lawyer who understands state and federal safety regulations that apply to commercial trucks. Trucking companies and their insurance companies can incur significant liability when they violate these regulations.
Over the past two decades, the California law firm of Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, has successfully represented countless victims of truck accidents in Riverside and throughout the state of California. We also represent families in cases of fatal truck accidents. Respected truck accident lawyer Scott J. Corwin has the legal knowledge and experience to hold truck drivers and trucking companies accountable when their negligence harms innocent people.
With more than 25 years of experience, Scott J. Corwin has represented more than 3,000 personal injury victims and obtained recoveries totaling more than $125 million. Scott J. Corwin is a distinguished member of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA).
Truck Accidents in Riverside
Over the years, the federal Department of Transportation has developed a number of regulations to reduce the number of serious injuries and deaths from accidents involving heavy trucks. Here are some examples of truck safety regulations:
- Trucking companies must hire qualified drivers and perform periodic drug tests on drivers.
- Truck drivers must keep a safe driving record to maintain their commercial driver’s license.
- Truck drivers must follow hours-of-service laws to prevent accidents caused by fatigue.
- Trucking companies must perform regular maintenance of brakes and other safety equipment.
- Drivers must perform pre-trip inspections of the lights and other safety equipment.
- Loads must be properly secured.
- Trucks must not carry excessive weight.
California also has laws that apply to truck traffic in our state. The sooner you contact us after an accident, the sooner we collect and preserve evidence of state and federal safety violations that can make a big difference in your case.
Free Consultation With Riverside Truck Accident Attorney Scott J. Corwin
Get a free case evaluation by calling Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation. The best way to contact us is to call toll free 800-946-9440. You can also contact our lawyers online today. Our truck accident attorneys handle cases in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties and throughout the state of California.