Causes of Los Angeles Motorcycle Accidents
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Southern California
Motorcycle accidents kill and injure hundreds of riders each year. In Los Angeles, Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, aggressively represents injured motorcyclists. We have experience with a broad range of accidents, from hit-and-run motorcycle accidents to accidents involving uninsured motorists.
Common causes of accidents between motorcycles and cars include:
- Drugs and alcohol: Driving under the influence causes hundreds of accidents on Southern California roadways each year. If you suspect that the driver who struck your motorcycle was under the influence, call the police and then contact an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Sudden stops: When drivers follow too close and rear-end motorcycles, motorcyclists can be seriously injured.
- Open doors: Drivers are responsible for checking to see that the path is clear when they open car doors into traffic. If an open car door caused your accident, you may be entitled to personal injury compensation.
- Left turns: The law requires motorists making left turns to yield to other vehicles that have the right of way. This includes motorcycles. If you had the right of way in your motorcycle accident case, the driver making the left turn was at fault.
- Intersections: Intersections are dangerous places for motorcyclists. If the other driver was speeding, failed to notice you at a red light or did not yield, we are prepared to take aggressive legal action on your behalf.
Contact Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, schedule a free initial consultation by contacting our office in Los Angeles at (310) 683-2300. We represent motorcyclists throughout Southern California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Ventura, and Riverside counties.
Motorcycle Accident $2,300,000
City employee causes collision with police motorcycle.
Motorcycle Accident $2,100,000
Motorcyclist suffers brain injury in collision.
Motorcycle Accident $1,250,000
Vehicle turns left in front of motorcycle, causing collision.
Motorcycle Accident $312,000 Settlement
Rear-ended motorcyclist sustains knee injury.
Motorcycle Accident $250,000 Settlement
Motorcyclist injured when vehicle changes lanes in his path.
Motorcycle Accident $200,000 Settlement
Motorcyclist Suffers Torn ACL.
Motorcycle Accident $175,000 Settlement
Motorcyclist injured in chain-reaction collision.
Motorcycle Accident $161,609 Settlement
Motorcyclist injured when struck by left-turning vehicle.
Motorcycle Accident $100,000 Settlement
Vehicle making U-turn collides with motorcycle.
At Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, we believe in developing strong attorney-client relationships built on honesty, trust, and communication. As a client, you will always receive direct, personal attention from Scott; your case will never be passed off to an associate or paralegal. Instead, you can always rely on dedicated representation from a highly experienced and award-winning attorney who is ready to fight for you.
With more than 30 years in practice and over $125 million recovered for his clients, Scott is known for his aggressive approach to litigation. Some of his accolades include:
- Inclusion in the Southern California Super Lawyers® list since 2007, a distinction reserved for only the top 5 percent of all personal injury lawyers in the region
- Named a “Top 100 Super Lawyer”
- Named a Top 25 Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers in California by the National Trial Lawyers Association since 2010
- Maintains a 10.0 Superb rating on Avvo
Fast, Favorable Resolutions
At Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, we understand the importance of securing a favorable outcome in your case, fast. More than 95 percent of our clients’ cases settle within 5 to 9 months, and our clients are very satisfied with the results (see our client reviews!). We only file lawsuits when absolutely necessary, such as in cases where the defendant disputes liability or refuses to pay for the full extent of our client’s damages.
Zero Upfront Fees
Our firm offers all personal injury and wrongful death legal services on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not pay any upfront or out-of-pocket fees or expenses. Instead, we only get paid if and when we recover compensation for you. In the unlikely event that we do not win your case, you do not pay a dime. We also offer free consultations, so you have nothing to lose in reaching out to our team today. Contact our firm 24/7 and we’ll get back to you within one business day.