Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Checklist
How Do I Choose a Vehicle Accident Lawyer?
It is tempting after an accident to choose the first attorney you see an ad for, whether on TV, a billboard, or the Internet. Like most legal issues, a motor vehicle accident is something you want to put behind you as quickly as possible. However, you must consider the long-term consequences of choosing an attorney. The outcome of your case could affect your life for years.
After a vehicle accident, it is important to understand what your attorney can do for you. There are questions you can ask to gain a sense of whether they have the credentials and qualities you need. We encourage you to contact us to learn how we may help you.
After suffering a serious injury, it’s hard to get your priorities straight. Why do you need a lawyer? What can a lawyer do that you can’t do yourself? How does this whole system work? Scott J. Corwin will take the mystery out of a confusing process. We are respected by peers, but more importantly, we are appreciated by our clients.
Call us today (310) 683-2300 now for a free consultation and get the compensation you deserve.
Some of the critical questions to ask a lawyer include:
- How much experience do you have in this area of law?
- How many years have you been handling motor vehicle accidents?
- How do you approach motor vehicle accident cases?
- What is the fee arrangement? Do I pay any upfront costs?
- Will I work with you, your associates, or your staff?
- What are my rights as an accident victim?
- What happens if I need access to medical care during the case? Can you help?
- Where did you go to law school? Was it a highly rated and accredited law school?
- What peer recognition have you received in the legal community?
- Have you received a ranking from any attorney rating agency?
- Are you a member of any consumer attorney organizations?
- How many clients do you have? Are you so busy that you won’t have time to spend on my case?
- How quickly do you respond to telephone calls or emails from clients?
- Are you available to respond to client’s calls and emails after working hours and on weekends?
Brain Damage $3,407,752
Boy sustains brain damage from trip and fall in pothole.
Bus Accident $2,782,954
Passenger injured when bus driver falls asleep and rolls bus.
Motorcycle Accident $2,300,000
City employee causes collision with police motorcycle.
Motorcycle Accident $2,100,000
Motorcyclist suffers brain injury in collision.
Motorcycle Accident $1,250,000
Vehicle turns left in front of motorcycle, causing collision.
Car Accident $1,250,000
Driver injured in collision with vehicle that crossed over into his lane.
Car Accident $1,000,000
Rear-end collision exacerbates pre-existing back condition.
Car Accident $1,000,000
Driver injured in nighttime collision with overturned big rig on highway.
Brain Injury $1,000,000
Rider injured on ferris wheel when struck in head by seat rack.
Car Accident Injury $850,000
Eight-year-old boy struck and killed by vehicle while crossing busy thoroughfare.
At Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, we believe in developing strong attorney-client relationships built on honesty, trust, and communication. As a client, you will always receive direct, personal attention from Scott; your case will never be passed off to an associate or paralegal. Instead, you can always rely on dedicated representation from a highly experienced and award-winning attorney who is ready to fight for you.
With more than 30 years in practice and over $125 million recovered for his clients, Scott is known for his aggressive approach to litigation. Some of his accolades include:
- Inclusion in the Southern California Super Lawyers® list since 2007, a distinction reserved for only the top 5 percent of all personal injury lawyers in the region
- Named a “Top 100 Super Lawyer”
- Named a Top 25 Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers in California by the National Trial Lawyers Association since 2010
- Maintains a 10.0 Superb rating on Avvo
Fast, Favorable Resolutions
At Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, we understand the importance of securing a favorable outcome in your case, fast. More than 95 percent of our clients’ cases settle within 5 to 9 months, and our clients are very satisfied with the results (see our client reviews!). We only file lawsuits when absolutely necessary, such as in cases where the defendant disputes liability or refuses to pay for the full extent of our client’s damages.
Zero Upfront Fees
Our firm offers all personal injury and wrongful death legal services on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not pay any upfront or out-of-pocket fees or expenses. Instead, we only get paid if and when we recover compensation for you. In the unlikely event that we do not win your case, you do not pay a dime. We also offer free consultations, so you have nothing to lose in reaching out to our team today. Contact our firm 24/7 and we’ll get back to you within one business day.