Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
Experienced Representation Following Serious Injuries
Motorcycle riders experience both joys and threats not met by most other motorists. They are able to enjoy the freedom that a bike brings, but they are also exposed to a variety of dangers that car and truck drivers rarely worry about.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, more than 80 percent of motorcycle accidents cause injuries or death. In 2017, approximately 5,100 motorcycle crashes resulted in fatalities and more than 89,000 resulted in injuries according to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Severe head and brain trauma is the leading cause of fatal motorcycle accidents and serious injuries.
What Should I Do After An Accident?
- Panic. Being in an accident is a horrible experience, but help is available. Take a deep breath and focus on completing the DO items.
- Talk openly at the scene. Be careful about what you say. It is possible to damage your case by making a statement like, “I’m fine” or “I’m OK.”
- Talk to neighbors about the case. Insurance investigators are trained to look for discrepancies in a story. Their job is to deny or minimize your claim.
- Leave an accident scene. Unless there is a medical emergency, collect information if you are able, and wait for police to arrive.
- Collect evidence & info. Get photos of the accident and injuries (mobile phone photos are fine). Get names and insurance info from all drivers involved. Obtain contact info from any witnesses.
- Call your insurance company. Reporting the accident to your insurance agent is extremely important to your case.
- Get legal help. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand your legal options.
- Obtain medical care. If you or a loved one was hurt, make sure to get proper medical treatment right away.
Where Do Motorcycle Accident Injuries Occur Most Frequently?
Accidents involving motorcycles frequently happen:
- On freeways. Tens of thousands of cycles are on our interstates at any given time.
- Making lane changes. California law allows motorcycles to move between lanes in heavy traffic. But other vehicles often refuse to yield right of way. Cycles get caught between vehicles and serious injuries occur.
- At intersections. Making a left-hand turn in Los Angeles is an adventure night or day. Either the turning vehicle or the oncoming vehicle may be at fault. After you are injured during one of these perilous moments, you need to hire astute, experienced representation.
Don’t be ground down by a prejudicial legal system. Attorney Scott J. Corwin protects the rights of injured cyclists throughout the Los Angeles area. Designated as a member of The National Trial Lawyers Association, Scott Corwin seeks maximum compensation for injuries and wrongful deaths on the highway.
How Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Many motorcycle injuries can be chalked up to inattention and distraction. Common causes include:
- Drivers who are speeding or driving recklessly
- Distracted driving involving the use of a phone or mobile device (like texting or using mobile apps), looking for an address, grooming, eating, or adjusting music
- Motorists not obeying stop signs, yield signs, or traffic signals
- Intoxication and impairment involving alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescription drugs
In some situations, the party at fault is not an individual driver. The liable party may be a municipality that failed to keep a street or road safe. Or it may be the manufacturer of a motorcycle part that failed at a pivotal moment.
Fighting for the Compensation You Deserve
In any motorcycle accident – whether in Los Angeles, Long Beach, San Bernardino, Riverside, or anywhere else in Southern California – involving someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, it is important to know what you need to do in order to protect the legal rights of yourself and your loved ones. The law firm of Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, is here to help you understand the necessary steps to take to defend your legal rights and obtain the compensation you need for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Scott J. Corwin is a distinguished member of the Motorcycle Injury Trial Lawyers Association (MITLA).
You can count on Scott J. Corwin to give you the one-on-one attention you need and deserve after your accident. Your case will never be passed off to a less-qualified associate. Our founding attorney will listen to your story, explain your legal options, and then fight on your behalf to obtain the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Seeking Full Compensation for Motorcycle Injuries
During a motorcycle accident, the rider’s body is susceptible to many types of serious injuries:
- Amputation injuries: Amputation can involve the loss of an arm, leg, hand, or digit during the accident itself or as a necessary surgical operation as a result of the injury.
- Head and brain injuries: Impact to the head can result in traumatic brain injury (TBI), concussion, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other serious problems.
- Back and spinal cord injuries: This category can include spinal compression fractures, broken vertebra, paraplegia or quadriplegia, neck injuries, cervical and lumbar herniations, disc injuries, nerve damage, whiplash injuries, and more.
- Burn injuries: Collision-related explosions and fires can easily result in life-changing burns on body parts.
- Broken bones: Bone fractures may be categorized as simple, complex, comminuted, or avulsion. Common types of breaks affect arms, hands, legs, feet, ribs, and other areas.
- Soft tissue injuries: A motorcycle accident can cause significant injury to internal organs and body structures. These injuries may not be visible at first.
- Abrasions and lacerations: Cuts, scrapes, and lacerations can occur from contact with glass, roads, and other objects and surfaces.
For a Free Consultation, Call Today
Was another driver too distracted to see your motorcycle? Did they fail to afford you an equal right to the road? Our motorcycle accident lawyer handles cases in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego, Ventura, and Santa Barbara counties and throughout the state of California.
Learn more about your legal rights by requesting a free case evaluation from our Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorney. Call Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation at (310) 683-2300 or fill out our online contact form today.