Steps To Take Following a Motorcycle Accident
Statistics show that the vast majority of motorcycle accidents involving multiple vehicles are not the rider’s fault. So, what should you do as a rider following an accident? The information you can gather at a motorcycle accident scene can have a positive impact on the success of any future claim you may file.
The motorcycle accident lawyer of Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, recommends taking the following actions should you find yourself in a motorcycle accident:
- If you are able, make sure all accident victims are out of harm’s way. If you or someone else needs medical attention, call 911 immediately. If you have them, place flares around the scene of the accident to warn others on the road. You can also use your hazard lights.
- If there was significant damage during the accident (over $500) or if anyone was injured, call the police. A police report can add credibility to your motorcycle accident claim.
- Exchange the following information with other drivers: name, address, phone number, insurance information and license numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident. Note the make, model and description of other vehicles involved in the accident.
- Make notes about the motorcycle accident. This includes where, when, and how it happened. If you are able, specifically note the location, road conditions, and weather. If possible, take pictures of the accident scene and vehicles involved as well as all drivers.
- Memories tend to warp or fade during a stressful experience, including motorcycle accidents. Try to obtain statements, contact information and notes from any witnesses that saw your motorcycle accident.
- Once you are able, notify your insurance company of the motorcycle accident. In addition, let your insurance company know of any insurance claims made against you from the crash.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
If you suffered an injury because of a motorcycle accident, contact our motorcycle accident injury lawyer Scott J. Corwin to schedule a free initial consultation by calling our office in Los Angeles at (310) 683-2300.
Motorcycle Accident $2,300,000
City employee causes collision with police motorcycle.
Motorcycle Accident $2,100,000
Motorcyclist suffers brain injury in collision.
Motorcycle Accident $1,250,000
Vehicle turns left in front of motorcycle, causing collision.
Motorcycle Accident $312,000 Settlement
Rear-ended motorcyclist sustains knee injury.
Motorcycle Accident $250,000 Settlement
Motorcyclist injured when vehicle changes lanes in his path.
Motorcycle Accident $200,000 Settlement
Motorcyclist Suffers Torn ACL.
Motorcycle Accident $175,000 Settlement
Motorcyclist injured in chain-reaction collision.
Motorcycle Accident $161,609 Settlement
Motorcyclist injured when struck by left-turning vehicle.
Motorcycle Accident $100,000 Settlement
Vehicle making U-turn collides with motorcycle.
At Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, we believe in developing strong attorney-client relationships built on honesty, trust, and communication. As a client, you will always receive direct, personal attention from Scott; your case will never be passed off to an associate or paralegal. Instead, you can always rely on dedicated representation from a highly experienced and award-winning attorney who is ready to fight for you.
With more than 30 years in practice and over $125 million recovered for his clients, Scott is known for his aggressive approach to litigation. Some of his accolades include:
- Inclusion in the Southern California Super Lawyers® list since 2007, a distinction reserved for only the top 5 percent of all personal injury lawyers in the region
- Named a “Top 100 Super Lawyer”
- Named a Top 25 Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers in California by the National Trial Lawyers Association since 2010
- Maintains a 10.0 Superb rating on Avvo
Fast, Favorable Resolutions
At Scott J. Corwin, A Professional Law Corporation, we understand the importance of securing a favorable outcome in your case, fast. More than 95 percent of our clients’ cases settle within 5 to 9 months, and our clients are very satisfied with the results (see our client reviews!). We only file lawsuits when absolutely necessary, such as in cases where the defendant disputes liability or refuses to pay for the full extent of our client’s damages.
Zero Upfront Fees
Our firm offers all personal injury and wrongful death legal services on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not pay any upfront or out-of-pocket fees or expenses. Instead, we only get paid if and when we recover compensation for you. In the unlikely event that we do not win your case, you do not pay a dime. We also offer free consultations, so you have nothing to lose in reaching out to our team today. Contact our firm 24/7 and we’ll get back to you within one business day.